AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does site exist for programming info on fox widescreen shows? cant find it anywhere. i use hdtvgalaxy and titantv for the listings, but there is no mention of fox programming.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,616 Posts
Not that we know of, but the question has been covered before. Do a search for Fox Widescreen.

At a minimum, Boston Public, 24, The Bernie Mack Show, Andy Richter Controls the Universe, Firefly, Fastlane and 2 NFL games per week are in the EDTV format.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by rob8558
does site exist for programming info on fox widescreen shows?
Yes, but you must set your monitor to 640x480 at 30Hz before you go to that url...

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,616 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by sircrown
Yes, a site does exist.
Ok, where is it?

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
My local Fox station engineer sent me this information:

Fox programs available in WideScreen 480p are:

Boston Public

Grounded For Life

Bernie Mac

Fastlane

John Doe

Malcolm in the Middle

Theatricals (20th Century Fox movies only)

Fox programs in 4:3 480p are:

That '70s Show

Cops

The Simpsons

King of the Hill

Cedric the Entertainer

All Sports (NFL*, MLB, NASCAR)

*One or two "national" NFL games are provided in widescreen, but they may be bumped for local team coverage.

Joe

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
...When my Philly OTA FOX-DT does a 16:9 broadcast, my DTC100 automatically shows the full 16:9,

but when it's 4:3 (That 70s Show) it's 4:3 with black bars.

I have the DTC setting to stretch the 4:3 images, it does it on DTVs FOX, but not OTA. (SAT vs ANT A)

Does anyone know how I can overide this, and stretch the OTA 480p 4:3.

Ken H, have you seen this.?

·
Registered
45,616 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Plasma George
...When my Philly OTA FOX-DT does a 16:9 broadcast, my DTC100 automatically shows the full 16:9,

but when it's 4:3 (That 70s Show) it's 4:3 with black bars.

I have the DTC setting to stretch the 4:3 images, it does it on DTVs FOX, but not OTA. (SAT vs ANT A)

Does anyone know how I can overide this, and stretch the OTA 480p 4:3.

Ken H, have you seen this.?
Your DTC is working as expected. It will only control AR from 480i sources, like DirecTV local Fox. When it sees the OTA version, it thinks the image fills the entire screen, even when it's not. A work-around is to go into the DTC menu # 6 Preferences and change the #4 Screen Format to 4:3, while in the HD Monitor mode. This will stretch 4:3 to 16:9, with any source. To view 16:9 in HD mode, go back to Screen Format 16:9.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.