AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We all know that Monday HDNet is broadcasting the D-Backs/ Pirates game. But, I just saw an advertisement on ESPN, they say it will be on ESPN2. Does Fox Sports also have this game? This really makes me wonder. I thought HDNet Co-ops with Fox and NBC only? I hope this is the start of something!

:D

·
Registered
936 Posts
Fox Sports, has this game on Fox Sports Pittsburgh, and Fox Sports Arizona, HDNet usually piggybacks one of these feeds. This is the first time that ESPN has been broadcasting the same game nationally as HDNet has. I always thought that ESPN had exclusive national rights (minus the cities whose teams are invovled) to all the games it airs prohibiting another national carrier from televising the games. however, the other day I saw a Braves game on TBS and on ESPN, so I then I changed my assumption to that ESPN did not have this right. So I think it would be ok for HDnet to carry this game (with the FOX Sports telecast) while ESPN does.

If HdNet has reached a deal with ESPN, our chances for NFL HD just went way up. ESPN and ABC Sports are in bed together so any agreement with ESPN should include ABC.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
False alarm!:(

Just got a response from Mark Cuban: (Very, Very quick response!)
Quote:
no co op with ESPN... .its also a fox game for local broadcast
Boy, my Dbacks on 3 different channels!!:) :D :) Which one to choose?;)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Last season, ESPN's exclusivity was on Wednesday and Sunday nights (hence the lack of Extra Innings games on Wednesday nights). It's my understanding that HDNet always piggybacks onto the home team's Fox Sports Net feed, so HDNet viewers of tonight's Diamondbacks-Pirates game will hear the Pirates' announcers, not Arizona's.

FYI, Curt Schilling will pitch for Arizona and Kris Benson will pitch for the Pirates for the first time since the 2000 season. He had reconstructive elbow surgery last season and didn't pitch.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LOL is this HDNet's first rain delay?:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.