AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just looking for a definitive answer here...

Does the hln5065w dlp by Samsung have a dvi input. On Best Buy's website, they don't mention dvi/hdcp on their list of inputs. Also the "back view" of the set doesn't show the dvi input (the picture is cropped though).

Someone that has physically seen the dvi input on this exact model please reply!

Thanks!

·
Registered
916 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Sorry, direct link doesn't work. If you want to see the page, go to www.pcrichard.com and follow the links for Televisions, Projection TV's, select Samsumg, and then select 'Show all Items'

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lee,

I appreciate your reply....I did see that spec sheet write-up on PC Richard's website. That's very encouraging, but I'd still like to hear from someone who has physically seen the DVI/HDCP input on the hln5065w.

Thanks again!

Dave

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks! Thanks! Thanks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well, I can verify that the HLN5065 does indeed have DIV in. I am actually writing this on my PC while connected the the 5065. I am having some trouble setting it up to work on DVI though, I'm on VGA right now. For some reason or other the DVI is only working at 640x480 -8bit . If i raise either the resolution or color the DVI just dies and i receive a "No Signal" message. Strangely enough the VGA port is running at 1280x720-32bit without issue. Has anyone run into this? If so, Please advise.

Much appreciated,

Roy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.