AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to do something, which i think is simple. I have 6 zones, 12 speakers, all wired to my bar rack. No keypads any where. All i want to do is be able to source apple tv into the MCA (via a digital to analog converter), and have the ability only using iDevices to turn on/off each zone independently. I have an iTach Global Cache WF2IR that will be used with the iRule app on my devices. Since the MCA has IR inputs, can't i just connect an emitter to the WF2IR and program it into iRule?

I know someone will say sonos, but I only want 1 source with remote on/off per zone. Thoughts?

·
Registered
10,866 Posts
Trying to do something, which i think is simple. I have 6 zones, 12 speakers, all wired to my bar rack. No keypads any where. All i want to do is be able to source apple tv into the MCA (via a digital to analog converter), and have the ability only using iDevices to turn on/off each zone independently. I have an iTach Global Cache WF2IR that will be used with the iRule app on my devices. Since the MCA has IR inputs, can't i just connect an emitter to the WF2IR and program it into iRule?
Believe that IR input is just a simple repeater to the source components, and not a control surface for the unit itself. I could be wrong, but that is how the manual reads, and is typical for these systems. Individual zone controls are not done via local IR.

You could either use the RS232 input, or just get the GW-SL1 and control it that way. You may be able to integrate that with iRule (haven't looked to see if the API is documented and/or would work within the iRule framework).

http://www.htd.com/Products/GW-SL1?search=wholehouse+audio+sytem+accessories

Jeff

1 - 2 of 2 Posts