AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
That's where I use mine - with a Panasonic LC-75U (1024x768). HTPCs make inexpensive scalers for projectors, especially for S-video sources and DVDs. A DVD scaled to 1080i looks much sharper than 480i/480p.

·
Premium Member
2,564 Posts
Yes, they are. Any display capable of inputing and displaying >480 lines of resolution benefit

·
Registered
6,226 Posts
they work well for any projector that can benefit from them!!i use mine with my $500 sony 1031 and many say picture kills the stuff that tweeters is selling in the projector realm..

brickie

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
In actual fact with the upper end of the projector market having pretty good signal processing deinterlacing and scaling built in... The more dramatic improvement do come at the bottom end of the market with biz projectors whose scalers are an afterthought...

As an example my first projector was a Davis clone... The scaler in it was so horrible it would give you the shudders, however the light engine was great... Once a Davis is paired with a HTPC it really shines... I still have it as I dont have the heart to let the little thing go... It gave me so many hours of enjoyment that the little amount that they now go for second hand just does not seem worth it... I am hopeing to make a bedroom system or even (once I move house again :rolleyes: ) a poolside outdoor setup....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.