AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, just a quick beginners question. I have been using a Samsung bd-p4600 blu ray player to listen to my cds, would there be much of a difference listening to them on a dedicated Vintage CD player? I saw adverts in the local buy/sell for a few players around the 40-50 euros mark. There was a Technics SL-PG480 for 50 euros and even an eclipse cd101 for 15euros. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
4,501 Posts
Hi, just a quick beginners question. I have been using a Samsung bd-p4600 blu ray player to listen to my cds, would there be much of a difference listening to them on a dedicated Vintage CD player? I saw adverts in the local buy/sell for a few players around the 40-50 euros mark. There was a Technics SL-PG480 for 50 euros and even an eclipse cd101 for 15euros. Thanks for any help.
Since your player is a 2009 model (BD companies stopped enhancing CD playability soon after) and has stereo RCA output for two channels of analog audio, I suspect you're getting decent CD performance. Unless you step up to Marantz CD-6006, considerably more than your budget, there's not much point in making a jump.

FWIW I have a 2009 Sony BDP-S360 for playing CDs in an extra room. Still sounds fine to me. Hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts