AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does it make any difference what color fabric and carpet I use on the walls? Are there any colors that I should avoid which could cause a colorcast to be reflected onto the screen? I will probably use carpet half way up the walls and fabric on the top half. I am thinking about all black carpet around the screen area, but was considering a red floor carpet and red fabric on the top half of the walls. I am not lock into these colors right now, I need to look at a lot more HT pictures and get more of an idea. However, I don’t much care for the all black or all gray look that I have seen with some. Any suggestions?

Thanks for any advice and help you can provide me :).

BTW, If you have a images up that would provide me any ideas, please post the links.

Best Regards :),

Don

·
Registered
75 Posts
you can get much better advice in this forum I can share with you what I did.

My HT has the carpet on the top half of the wall and paint on the bottom half with chair rail molding in between.

My carpet worked great, a deep red with fine black threads in it. My paint on the bottom is flat black and my carpet is a dark gray with both the deep red and black in it.

The carpet was purchased and installed at Home Depot. If you want I'll trace the brand for you.

Word of advice. Carpet your wall before you install the chair rail.

The glue can get messy and the back of the carpet can scratch.

Luck.

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
You want black around the screen area so that the image floats, so you are on the right track there. For the rest, you may want to consider doing gray on the ceiling, it is not as drastic as black, but does reflect some, or rather, it gets lit up with the image, especially if it is a bright image like mine (Sony 10HT).

Take a look at my site and see the colors that I used. Remember that the colors don't look exactly like what you see on the site, but it is a fairly good representation.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by dodgy
The carpet was purchased and installed at Home Depot. If you want I'll trace the brand for you.

Luck.
Wouldn't it have been better to have the carpet installed at YOUR house ? ;)

Seriously, The installers from Home Depot will install carpet on the walls? I assumed this would have to be a DIY project. What is the installed price for carpet on walls compared to on the floor (per sf)? I'm looking for options when I do my HT.

Thanks

Eric

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.