AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I here people talking about how they are receiving certain stations at 65% or 80% etc. etc. I was just wondering if my T.V. had a meter that would show how well I am receiving certain HD channels OTA. I've looked in the manual and all through the menus and couldnt find anything.

Thanks to all who reply.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I don't believe it does. I had that TV for about a month and wondered the same thing. I think the guys that specify specific %'s are using an external meter.

I have a Sammy 4667 right now and it does have a strength meter, but it's rather generic bar graph style and not a specific percentage.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Choose

menu-Application-Diagnostics-Show

Make sure you are on a dtv ota channel, or you will be unable to access this option

·
Registered
112 Posts
I don't see it mentioned in the manual, but I stumbled on it while trying to adjust my antenna. Why did you get rid of the Sony?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Aesthetics. Going to CC today to have them order the 50A10 to replace the Sammy 4667 that I bought to replace the 42" 655.

Gotta love 30 day no hassle stores.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone. I'm gonna try it out.

I went and got a amplified antenna and am able to pick up all the HD locals. Fox though for some reason wants to macroblock or lose signal completely if I move around the room. So I wanted to see the signal strength vs the one that work flawlessly.

I cant wait to see my FINS play in HD tonight. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.