AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Using component with the 360 add on, does King Kong look better than any Bluray movie on any Bluray player?

Just want some opinions from those if you with both a 360 HD-DVD add on, and a Bluray player.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
You may find some that look just as good, but you would be very hard pressed to finad any that look better.

·
Registered
2,871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBS G35 /forum/post/0

Just want some opinions from those if you with both a 360 HD-DVD add on, and a Bluray player.

To answer your question; No. To my eyes and to any of my friends and family members who I've shown both formats to, they now look the same in terms of Picture Quality.

~Josh

·
Banned
1,888 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatboy77 /forum/post/0

To answer your question; No. To my eyes and to any of my friends and family members who I've shown both formats to, they now look the same in terms of Picture Quality.

No, I disagree. Though Blu-ray can deliver some stunning images, HD DVD still delivers more of that "pop" ...that is often cited as HD DVD's 3-D effect. I own both formats and primarily play the titles on my 42" Samsung LCD.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I HAVE NEVER SEEN A BR MOVIE THAT COULD MATCH THE PQ OF "KING KONG" OR EVEN "THE HULK" PERIOD! If you have a friend that has a BR player you can do your own test. "Kingdom Of Heaven" has excellent PQ but it still is no match for these two or "Riddick".

Of course I own a Sammy and an A1.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Go to someones house that has a top of the line set up and pop in Crank. Whats that, it looks as good or better then KK, I know. Or how about the most visually stunning HD movie that there is, The Wild, that is the best presentation on either format.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:

~Josh

I read a post from you the other day saying you thought the Xbox 360 add on delivered better PQ then a standalone HD-DVD player.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts

Quote:

I read a post from you the other day saying you thought the Xbox 360 add on delivered better PQ then a standalone HD-DVD player.

He's a spin doctor, he says whatever he has to, whenever he has to.

·
Registered
2,871 Posts

Quote:

Yes, that is true. When I had the Xbox 360 Add-on I used the VGA cable running at 1080p and it looked considerably better then my HD-A1. Remember the HD-A1 and HD-A2 max-out at 1080i.

~Josh

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAGOSIAN /forum/post/0

I HAVE NEVER SEEN A BR MOVIE THAT COULD MATCH THE PQ OF "KING KONG" OR EVEN "THE HULK" PERIOD! If you have a friend that has a BR player you can do your own test. "Kingdom Of Heaven" has excellent PQ but it still is no match for these two or "Riddick".

Of course I own a Sammy and an A1.

Well i own the 360 add on and a PS3, I think King Kong looks alot better then Kingdom of Heaven. But i didn't think Kingdom of Heaven was known as the best looking movie out on Bluray, i guess i should try Crank. Does Crank really look that much better then KOH?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts

Quote:

Well i own the 360 add on and a PS3, I think King Kong looks alot better then Kingdom of Heaven. But i didn't think Kingdom of Heaven was known as the best looking movie out on Bluray, i guess i should try Crank. Does Crank really look that much better then KOH?

No comment. I don't own this one. But I doubt it.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Quote:

Yes, that is true. When I had the Xbox 360 Add-on I used the VGA cable running at 1080p and it looked considerably better then my HD-A1. Remember the HD-A1 and HD-A2 max-out at 1080i.

~Josh

Oh i see, i dont even have a 1080p HDTV. Just a 720 Samsung Pedestal, so i dont need VGA. But even with component i think King Kong looks better then Kingdom of Heaven thru HDMI on my PS3..Maybe its just the brightness of KK....

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronSCH /forum/post/0

No, I disagree. Though Blu-ray can deliver some stunning images, HD DVD still delivers more of that "pop" ...that is often cited as HD DVD's 3-D effect. I own both formats and primarily play the titles on my 42" Samsung LCD.

KK definatley has alot of "POP" or "3D effect"..

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
King Kong is beautiful, but the answer to your question is no.

·
Registered
241 Posts
i feel disappointed then because my PS3 through HDMI on 1080i looks better than my 360 add on through component on 1080i

I feel that Crank and Kingdom of Heaven looked better than King Kong...i think that HD DVD has a smoother look...while Blu-Ray has a sharper, crisper look to the picture

sometimes that is good sometimes not

Personally i find that Crank is the best picture quality i have seen on both formats though

·
Registered
119 Posts
Damn it's hard to tell.. King Kong on my 360/HD-DVD player looks amazing and Crank on my PS3 looks just as amazing as well. I might have to agree with Wishman35 though. I think Crank edges out King Kong by a hair and by a really thin and small hair at most.

·
Banned
766 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishman35 /forum/post/0

i feel disappointed then because my PS3 through HDMI on 1080i looks better than my 360 add on through component on 1080i

I feel that Crank and Kingdom of Heaven looked better than King Kong...i think that HD DVD has a smoother look...while Blu-Ray has a sharper, crisper look to the picture

sometimes that is good sometimes not

Personally i find that Crank is the best picture quality i have seen on both formats though

I agree 100%. I do prefer the sharper, crispier look though. I have an HD A1 though, HDMI hook up to my TV.

·
Banned
434 Posts
I watched crank last night on the ps3, 1080i and I thought that that was one of the best pictures I'd ever seen, king kong is also one of the best I've seen.

I think king kong definately has a photo quality level of picture, and I think some movie's could par the quality but never beat it.

Also king kong looks even better on the new toshiba HD DVD players, but I haven't taken enough time to really see the new players yet.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.