AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From what I can tell, the Feb/Mar 2003+ 300U's have the flicker adjustment set at the same values those here on the board found to work best on their "older" units. My March '03 unit is set at 72ish, 73ish on all panels, and that seems to be the "best" setting, if we are talking about the best setting pertaining to the least amount of flicker, after the unit has warmed up. I cannot completely eliminate all flicker, I can simply zero-in on the setting where it is least pronounced.

Is that what you all are finding:confused:

Many thanks in advance!

·
Registered
513 Posts
My Dec '02 300 is flicker free on red and blue at 72 but green is rarely ever flicker free. 70 to 71 is my green setting but it still flickers a little initially. After long periods of use (2+ hours) I've seen the green flicker free.

Brent

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Brent. My blue panel was flicker free from the factory, but I still get a little flicker on red, and just a bit more on green. The factory settings are the best I can get.

I'd never read (or paid attention) to whether these adjustments completely eliminated all flicker, or "optimized" it.

Any other scenarios?

·
Registered
10 Posts
The red and blue panel are flicker free for me, but not the green one.

It's annoyong that the flicker adjustment settings for the green panel needs to be set mutch lower before the unit has heated up, compared to when it's warm...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.