AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
M-Audio's website says the Revolution features "high-resolution audio output up to 24-bit/192kHz" and "true professional 24-bit/96kHz recording", but I was wondering if was capable of upsampling my music to 24-bit/192kHz. And if so, through which output does it send the high-res audio - digital, analog or both???

·
Registered
18,928 Posts
Your playback software has to do this- try the thread on the upsampling music player, or there are plug-ins for Winamp and Foobar as well.

·
Registered
74 Posts

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
You can use the latest ASIO plugin for Winamp 026e . It now allows upsampling to 192 Khz. Since I don't own a 192Khz card I have not tested this.

Cheers

Thomas

·
Registered
300 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by thomaspf
You can use the latest ASIO plugin for Winamp 026e .
Where can I download this? I searched the Winamp components area but didn't see it. Thanks.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by omarr
Grab the Winamp 2 ASIO plugin here , or click here for more info. (The plugin itself is in English, but the website is Japanese only.)
Thanks for the link. What do I do with this file? Sorry, I'm new to Winamp.

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Just put the out_asio.dll in your Winamp\\Plugins directory. Then in the Winamp Preferences dialog. Go to the Output Plugins section and select the ASIO Output plugin as your active output, and configure options as appropriate.

·
Registered
761 Posts
I've just set the output plugin in Winamp to the ASIO output plugin and I don't seem to be able to play a CD anymore. Using an MAudio revolution 7.1 soundcard and the ASIO plugin from the Japanese website (026i). When I click on a track it just doesn't play at all. Any ideas what could be causing this? Winamp 2.91 btw

Cheers

Andy

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by zAndy12
I've just set the output plugin in Winamp to the ASIO output plugin and I don't seem to be able to play a CD anymore. Using an MAudio revolution 7.1 soundcard and the ASIO plugin from the Japanese website (026i). When I click on a track it just doesn't play at all. Any ideas what could be causing this? Winamp 2.91 btw

Cheers

Andy
You trying to use the REVO SDIF out and the ASIO plugin? Or are you sending the audio out the REVO analog ports?

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
You can check this in the M-audio mixer. Whatever output has activity is where the plugin currently sends the bits. When you double click on the ASIO output plugin you can select to shift channel by ?? to direct the output to the S/PDIF output.

Anyone with a REVO care to share the required number? It is 2 on my DIO 24/96.

Cheers

Thomas

·
Registered
13,423 Posts
"Anyone with a REVO care to share the required number? It is 2 on my DIO 24/96."

Revo does not at this time support S/PDIF with the ASIO driver. It is on the bug list to be fixed.

You can get bit-perfect S/PDIF output using the KS plugin with Revo.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Shift from 0-6 changes the analog output used. 7 might be the SPDIF channel but when I select it winamp doesn't work at all. Makes sense since ASIO over SPDIF is not currently supported.

I made an interesting discovery too :

1) You can shift channel to 6 and use the Surround back left/right output jack for headphones use. Might be usefull for some! (you have to set the revo in 7.1 mode)

2) This worked fine under Windows 2000. I thought win2k didn't support 7.1 output? Obviously those channel can be used.

·
Registered
13,423 Posts
"2) This worked fine under Windows 2000. I thought win2k didn't support 7.1 output? Obviously those channel can be used."

Win2K does not support the extra channels using DirectSound.

·
Registered
761 Posts
I wast just using the analog outputs on the Revo, sound when using the standard output plugin, change to the ASIO plugin and no sound (analog out). Also it's not just that there's no sound, it seems that Winamp doesn't even play as the equalizer doesn't work, the track time doesn't appear and progress...

So what's the best way to play CDs using Winamp and the Revo combination. What plugins (I'm already using the CD Reader plugin) so guess it's the output plugin I need. Also am I best using the analog outputs or sending it to my amp via the coaxial digital output (Amp is a Denon AVC-A1SE by the way so good DACs!).

Andy.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Is it best to use the KS plugin or the Direct Sound with SSRC? Does the KS plugin allow upsampling to 24 bit/192Khz (or 96khz)?

Cheers,

Andy.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.