Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie  /t/1416125/does-my-yamaha-rx-v465-have-a-12volt-triger-for-sub#post_22140639

No, it does not. Generally only mid/upper level AVRs have 12v trigger jacks. However, in the middle "Audio Sense" power position, the sub will power on when it senses a signal from the AVR and will go into Standby when there is no signal for 15 minutes.
so is possiable to connect my amp to this sub? and have the sub turn on w/ out a remote control? if yes how is this done?

The only wired connection so far is out of amp (sub) to in of sub. w/ a RCA cable.

edit:currently the power switch on the back must be turned on.

I tryed the middle position and the sub did'nt turn on w/ a signal from the amp it also did'nt turn on w/ the remote.

maybe there is an optionale sensor that plugs into the sub.?

Thanks STB

·
Premium Member
90,738 Posts
Yes. The AVR should be connected from the AVR's subwoofer pre-out to the LFE input on the sub. The sub's power switch should be set in the middle to "Audio Sense" and the sub plugged in. It will power itself to ON when it detects a signal from the AVR and to Standby if it hasn't detected a signal from the AVR in over 15 minutes.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the sub connected to LFE (the yellow connection) that's the only spot for a RCA cable, sub will only come on w/ power switch turned to on.

I believe there is an optionale device that plugs into the 12Volt trigger connection. I believe the 12" version of this sub came w/ this device. I've read over Polks web site can't find any infor on it.

Thanks STB

·
Registered
28,770 Posts
Perhaps you need to reconfigure your Yamaha receiver and set all your speakers to SMALL since you have a subwoofer now?

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie  /t/1416125/does-my-yamaha-rx-v465-have-a-12volt-triger-for-sub#post_22140767

If the back panel of your sub looks like the image below, then place the power switch in the middle position and you won't have to worry about using the remote control.
yes it looks exactly like the image, maybe the sub power switch is fualty the yellow on light stays on on both positions on and middle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt  /t/1416125/does-my-yamaha-rx-v465-have-a-12volt-triger-for-sub#post_22140822

Perhaps you need to reconfigure your Yamaha receiver and set all your speakers to SMALL since you have a subwoofer now?
I've had this sub for a little over a year and have been controlling it w/ a Harmony remote what a nightnare the Harmony has a mind of it's own usalley it'll turn on but sometimes it won't so I have to press the Harmony help button major inconvience.

the sub sounds great and during initial setup of the amp I did set all just 2 fronts Polk M30s and a Polk center cs1 to small.

The thing is I'd like to add another device to the Harmony (which is at is maxium of 6 devices) plus avoid the incosistantcey of sub turning on.

Thanks STB

BTW how is the Denon bought at Frys holding up? and doe's you'r Denon have a 12V trigger?

·
Registered
9,283 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevethebrain  /t/1416125/does-my-yamaha-rx-v465-have-a-12volt-triger-for-sub#post_22140683

I tryed the middle position and the sub did'nt turn on w/ a signal from the amp it also did'nt turn on w/ the remote.

maybe there is an optionale sensor that plugs into the sub.?

Thanks STB

Hi STB, bump the receiver sub channel level a few dB.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts