AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I doubt it. Panasonic is locked in to plasma at the 42" and up sizes. They announced 1080p plasmas in those sizes.

For sizes smaller than 42", they have LCDs, but only up to 32". So they tend to be 1366x768p models.

The size that's stuck in the middle is 37". They dropped the 37" from their plasma line-up for 2007, and even then it would have been unlikely that they could make a 37" 1080p plasma. I don't think I've read anything on their plans for the 37" size. If they do, I think it'll either be a 720p plasma or a 768p LCD.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Someone posted a manufacturer link to panasonic's japanese site. Why was this post deleted?

Unless the member decided to delete his post, his link was not retail and has absolutely nothing to do with sales...

·
Registered
7,233 Posts
All one has to do is look at the pathetic LCD offerings of Panasonic to see it is nothing but a token effort on their part since they dominate plasma (for now). They have the capacity to transition production to LCD if needed but by the time that were to happen they will have fallen so far behind in LCD advances and market recognition that the competition may be too far ahead. We welcome the competition that may bring down pricing further but I certainly have never seen a Panny LCD I would buy from their token offerings.

Who could consider them when they spend so much time trashing LCD. Have you guys ever noticed the count of members participation on this forum now? LCD has become the most dominant thread and that should tell Panny something unless they choose to sit on their fat PDP behinds and put up the same old arguments and the same old ugly silver bezels. Flame on Panny Fans!

·
Registered
588 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by westa6969 /forum/post/0

All one has to do is look at the pathetic LCD offerings of Panasonic to see it is nothing but a token effort on their part since they dominate plasma (for now).

Panasonic only sells LCD panels that are relatively small by modern standards, but those panels have very good PQ for a midrange set, and none of the complaints that seem to plague sets from Sony, Samsung, and Sharp.

Their "six facts" campaign is an unsubtle, deplorable attempt to bolster the sector of the market in which they dominate, but I'd hope that nobody who frequents these forums is weak-minded enough to let a marketing ploy sway their judgement one way or the other about LCDs, Panasonic's or anyone else's.

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
Panasonic Taiwan announced within the past few days that they are introducing a 37inch 1080P LCD in Taiwan and dropping the 37 inch Plasma there. You can find the reports on Digitimes.com. Also Google news. The reports did not mention anything about if Panasonic plans to sell the new 37inch LCD in the USA.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.