AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep reading about calibration and discs that show you how but is it really necessary in order to get the kind of great results in picture quality people say they are getting from this model?Im new to this and am not willing to spend more to have a pro calibrate it after paying so much so is the purchase of a panny worth it out of the box?I already use a sony 32 xbr {early first generation non digital}What kind of changes from this should i notice with the plasma panny?

·
Registered
698 Posts
You should definitely buy avia or video essentials calibration disc.The factory settings are not right.They have the picture setting set way to high.Its only a $35 investment that really helps.I'm not sure about pro calibration.I'm still trying to decide if its worth it.Good luck!!!Bm

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Do a search on Cliff Plavin (not sure about the last name, but Cliff for sure) and ISF, and you will get some threads dealing with proffessional calibration. Everyone who's had it done has nothing but praise.

But, on the other hand, there are very few people who have the equipment and knowledge to calibrate a plasma display. They require different equipment than a standard CRT, so you can't just get any "ISF Technician" to do the calibration, because he'll probably do it wrong. Unfortunately for those of us a long way from the Eastern US coast, Cliff is not much of an option.

But I definately second the Avia or VE disc... That's a must.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.