AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan to buy a Paradigm Reference Signature speaker system, but I can’t decide between the cherry and piano black finishes. I like the look of the piano black, but I don’t want my plasma screen to be surrounded by reflections when I’m watching movies in a dark room. Has anyone regretted buying piano black for this reason?

·
Premium Member
5,900 Posts
Any high gloss surface that reflects light from a video display, especially in a darkened room, is a distraction. And it's one of those unanticipated negatives folks don't think about when they buy piano black speakers (or in my case, a black car.) That's a great speaker system, and the black is stunning, but it may not be as functional as a duller finish.

·
Registered
3,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Scarpelli /forum/post/18183398

Any high gloss surface that reflects light from a video display, especially in a darkened room, is a distraction. And it's one of those unanticipated negatives folks don't think about when they buy piano black speakers (or in my case, a black car.)

Well, that will teach you not to park your car in your home theater!

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Put them on a rotating platform and shine lights on them! Disco! Seriously, I love the look myself. Never had the problem as I don't have anything with that finish.

Just being a smart ass.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts