AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since at least the original Pirates offered a THX optimizer, I was wondering if it was also available on the Blu-ray releases since I have no titles that I can use to calibrate my input for my PS3.

·
Registered
139 Posts
They aren't THX Certified so they will not have them. The cheapest way to get the Optimizer is on Terminator 2. It's around $20 Canadian.

Also, if you have any Sony discs, there are some test patterns that you can unlock by entering "7669" while on the main menu.

·
Registered
288 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamus1099 /forum/post/0

just use a standard DVD????

I used Avia DVD to calibrate my AE900 with my PS3. When I play the disc it shows that is is being displayed at 480p instead of the usual 1080i from the PS3. My question is, will the calibration work better if I use Sony's test patterns as opposed to my Avia that displays at 480p?

·
Registered
6,270 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by denness544 /forum/post/0

I used Avia DVD to calibrate my AE900 with my PS3. When I play the disc it shows that is is being displayed at 480p instead of the usual 1080i from the PS3. My question is, will the calibration work better if I use Sony's test patterns as opposed to my Avia that displays at 480p?

From what I hear... no. Just use AVIA.

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
or any Sony title using 7669 (or is it 7665, not quite sure) code that the menu..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.