AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I was wondering if there was anyone that has heard the Polk RTi series and the Onix Rocket series.

Should I even consider the Polks? Are they in the same league as the rockets as far as clarity,imaging,soundstage etc. go?

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
I haven't heard the Rocket speakers. However, pick the 550 for example as it could be a good comparison to the Polk RTi8 speakers. The 550 is supposed to be a bit more forward sounding than the 750s. However, the Polk RTi8 speakers have a very forward presence and don't provide adequate bass, IMO.

Don't get me wrong, the fit and finish on the RTi8s are very good. However, after owning them for a bit over 6 months, I realized that I needed to move onto other speakers.

·
Registered
512 Posts
RTi8's are excellent speakers and have two midrange drivers. Thats why they lack in deep bass. A sub is a must with them. The mids however are top notch and they use vifa tweeters. I have a 20x18 room and have measured in room response. They were down -3db at 35hz and rolled off pretty sharply from there. I would think a sub would be required with the Onix Rockets too.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zachwhite0
I forgot to mention this will be for games/movies and not music.
I think for such use, the speakers will perform well. It's when one gets into critical listening of music is when/where some of the weaknesses start to appear.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.