AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i jus ordered the rp-82 for my hs2 for my a. p. t (lol) uhmmm does it decrese screen door some what? would the picture be more better? what gain do i have with a pro scan?

·
Registered
6,339 Posts
no it does not decrease screendoor.

the picture should look a little better although it varies from pj to pj and prog scan player to prog scan player.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Hey 5thlion, how about posting a review and/or screen shots of the HS2? I think you are the only one has has one. It think it would be appreciated by many if you could give something back to the forum that has helped you.

·
Registered
7,198 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by 5thlion
i jus ordered the rp-82 for my hs2 for my a. p. t (lol) uhmmm does it decrese screen door some what? would the picture be more better? what gain do i have with a pro scan?
I don't think a better source image or image processing in the projector reduces actual screendoor. However, I do feel there are image artifacts that can often be confused for screen door. I have noticed with my XGA format HT1000, that an 1080i image source lets me get much closer to the projection screen before I notice the pixels, than does an unassisted 480i source.

So, in so far as I/we confuse some 480i image artifacts as being screendoor, an exceptional player like the RP-82 may indeed reduce/eliminate some of the artifacts I/we are seeing.

RJ

·
Registered
454 Posts
what I've found to be true is that screen door has two parts.

There is the physical part which really is a function of the projector and screen size projected and the distance between the PJ and the screen.

The second part is the source material. Unless the screen is very bright it is often very hard to see the gaps between the pixels. A poor source material will force the PJ to display a block of pixel with almost the same color. under this condition is easy to see the screen door line between the pixels.

In other words, you mind's eye really fills in the screen door. if you have a high contrast PJ with good source material. The better the image information sent to any PJ will produce greater contrast in the produced image, making it easy for you mind's eye to fill in the blanks.

This is true on any PJ

·
Registered
761 Posts
screendoor is the image of the electronics package which surrounds each individual pixel on the LCD panel. higher pixel count, less obvious screendoor. there is some arguement about panel size (that is does it help or hurt). there are tricks to help out such as MLA (software) and the new Panasonic AE300 pyramid/lens obfuscation trick... heck even defocusing some... but in real simple terms the higher the resolution the less obvious screen door is at any fixed distance... nothin' to do with source material,... unless of course you shoot an all black image and then you can't see the screen let alone the door :D

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah im a try an post pics soon im still looking for my cam

·
Registered
7,198 Posts
Quote:
... but in real simple terms the higher the resolution the less obvious screen door is at any fixed distance... nothin' to do with source material,... [/b]
Hmmm... My eyes/brain are definitley playing tricks with my perception of screendoor and it is source image quality dependent.

"MZK" hit the nail on the head regarding how I would describe what poor source image artifacts seem to contribute to the "esthetic" appearance of screendoor on my projector.

RJ

·
Registered
697 Posts
dvd player 480p

screen door you`ll see.

higher resolution less you see screen door,

specially moving fast seen. 480 p , just don`t cut it.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I havent seen any pics of the vpl-hs2 on this forum so i looked around else where. I found some and it definitly helped me out bye bye hs2 hello plv-z1. Trust me let the hs2 go its only marginally better than the hs1 from the pics i saw. jeff

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.