AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if Replay will sell replacement parts to users who have opened Replay units (and thus rendrered it unserviceable)?

I need a new PCB with the IR receiver & LED's. Possibly a new motherboard as well. I've read that somebody here (possibly Mikeyboy) had somehow acquired spare 5000 power supplies.

Scott

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
Replay only sells a few accessories like remote, IR blaster etc.

I was going to say your best bet is to buy a new recorder from Radio Shack for $250 but I just checked their web sight where a 5040 lists for $499 now. WOW, big price increase!

I would have sworn there was a post for 5000 recorders for $139 but I didn't read the details

The parts I've acquired come from various sources including the component manufacturer, but none from replaytv directly.

·
Registered
275 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
As of last week, the Replay offer was still valid. Just keep in mind that the rebate requires purchases to be made between 8/1/2003 and 9/30/2003. Since it is now 10/1/03, any new purchases will not be eligible for the rebate. They should update the site, though I am sure they are all busy with myreplaytv.com.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.