AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious, I don't know if all full-array LED sets have local dimming. If not, I was wondering if anyone here knows if this model does.

thanks!

·
Registered
8,052 Posts
Sharp does have some full array sets and at least one Local Dimming full array. Samsung made a full array Local Dimming in 2009, the B8500. After that they only made Edge Lits. Surprisingly this year there are some full array Samsungs, none of them has Local Dimming.

·
Registered
12,404 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by moveright  /t/1415835/does-samsung-un60eh6000fxza-have-local-dimming#post_22135178

Just curious, I don't know if all full-array LED sets have local dimming. If not, I was wondering if anyone here knows if this model does.

thanks!

no, but is does have the annoying auto-dimming backlight that kicks in whenever the screen goes black/blank

"Beyond those light blacks, the UNEH6000 has another issue. Its backlight also had an annoying tendency to flash on and off when displaying a black screen, an issue that was distracting to say the least when it happened in the middle of watching a movie. I saw such flashes at 12:10 in "I Am Legend" when Robert closes up his house, for example, and I'm sure they'll also appear in other midmovie fades to black."

http://reviews.cnet.com/flat-panel-tvs/samsung-un60eh6000/4505-6482_7-35159625-2.html?tag=rvwBody;paginate

·
Registered
309 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaPZ80U  /t/1415835/does-samsung-un60eh6000fxza-have-local-dimming#post_22135577

no, but is does have the annoying auto-dimming backlight that kicks in whenever the screen goes black/blank

"Beyond those light blacks, the UNEH6000 has another issue. Its backlight also had an annoying tendency to flash on and off when displaying a black screen, an issue that was distracting to say the least when it happened in the middle of watching a movie. I saw such flashes at 12:10 in "I Am Legend" when Robert closes up his house, for example, and I'm sure they'll also appear in other midmovie fades to black."
http://reviews.cnet.com/flat-panel-tvs/samsung-un60eh6000/4505-6482_7-35159625-2.html?tag=rvwBody;paginate

was curious about this, and tried it when i just got home (im exhausted and hate accompanying wife shopping after work
)...

anyways, i tried it out and as mentioned in the review, it does happen.

he closes the windows, closes shop and on the last one, it appears the set turns off. i wish my set had the deep blacks to get that close, but unfortunately, as much as ive calibrated mine, its there. its noticeable when transcending from a complete black scene to a lit one.

does it bother me? i dunno, i cant say, im biased right now being tired, and well, im not certain it would bother MY personal experience in the movie.

like some experiences, id definitely trade it for a better picture. there are things i can accept, some things i cannot. for the meantime, my experiences with are good.

for those who recently purchased this tv, ive posted my settings awhile back...

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1395734/official-samsung-unxxeh6000-owners-thread/300#post_22119825

as a disclaimer, these are my settings and advise you to copy your settings prior to changing it if you choose to.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts