AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering as my custom Funky Waves subs are using dual Peerless XLS 12" drivers and they're can be used pretty high into the midbass. However, I want to know if this will hurt my low end extension. I want solid 20hz output, but if I can get into the teens, that would be great. I'm thinking of crossing them over to my 2010 JTR Triple 8HTs at 100hz instead of 80hz, as they'll be sitting under the speakers. The highpass filter from my processor for the speakers is only 12db/octave, which is why I wouldn't mind crossing them over a little higher. Unless I'm going to hurt my low end.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Scott. I'll just have to experiment to see if I get enough output in the teens to make the higher lowpass worthwhile.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's a sealed build. I'm getting two of them. I'm just wondering if I'll have enough output to feel the frequencies below 20hz.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I'd love to! However, I live in an apartment building and even with the concrete walls, it would be difficult to contain all of that. The room is 17' x 12 and is pretty open. I'm not expecting more than 6-9db of room gain. I'm not looking for reference levels, just 110db at 20hz, which should be reasonable considering I'm sitting 7' from them. What do you think? Thanks for helping me out with this.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts