AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I am in the market for a DT-510 for my htpc. I want to know if this unit overscan when connect with a DVI-HDMI cable and what's the maximum resolution? I have a samsung 720p plasma tv right now and I can't get proper image when connect via DVI-HDMI cable, it overscans in all resolution. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Typically PJs don't use overscan but they do have an optional menu / remote selection to employ it if you want it. You will be fine!

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
^ IF u end up anything like me on a quest for razor sharp text and desktop, then the trick is to completely turn off the overscan settings on your PJ. I have a VP4001 and after much trouble-shooting, I discovered it was indeed the overscan on HDMI that was the cause.

Of course, without a PC, one would NEVER tell this based on a stand-alone player or TV.....The other good thing with using a PC is u get to dial in a razor sharp focus/picture ;-).

·
Registered
16,859 Posts
Maximum acceptable resolution could be 1080p but that would be scaled and not as sharp as simply sending 1280x720p (which would pixel map 1:1 when overscan is off) . When using an HTPC and wanting razor sharp text you want to use the native resolution of the display .

- Jason

1 - 5 of 5 Posts