AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,006 Posts
Thread title edited to make more specific.

That said, you could probably call them or ask someone in a Spectrum truck. They all seem to know this stuff.

Tampa's not all-digital, but an installer did tell me they've been told to put all calls regarding CableCARD devices on the lowest-priority. Not surprising.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
In all ares I've seen they do, and in most areas SDV seems to have increased since the merger. In my area it is mostly HD sports channels in the Gold package and foreign channels or SD channels

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In all ares I've seen they do, and in most areas SDV seems to have increased since the merger. In my area it is mostly HD sports channels in the Gold package and foreign channels or SD channels
Thank you cpalmer2K. I have the Silver package and never watch the SD channels. I couldn't find any channels missing when I removed the tuning adaptor.

·
Super Moderator
18,006 Posts
Try tuning to the ones you'd never tune to. In my area, SDV includes BET and, believe it or not, The Weather Channel. Tech tells me "everyone gets weather from their phones, now." I can't remember the rest of the list. I think one of them was The Big Ten Network. Unwatched except when Michigan or Michigan State played a football game or weekend basketball game. B1G also had a habit of changing frequencies in the middle of a game. That helped uncover a big ingress problem in my neighborhood.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Try tuning to the ones you'd never tune to. In my area, SDV includes BET and, believe it or not, The Weather Channel. Tech tells me "everyone gets weather from their phones, now." I can't remember the rest of the list. I think one of them was The Big Ten Network. Unwatched except when Michigan or Michigan State played a football game or weekend basketball game. B1G also had a habit of changing frequencies in the middle of a game. That helped uncover a big ingress problem in my neighborhood.
Thank you. I will try that.

·
Registered
4,940 Posts
There aren't near as many channels on SDV in my area as their used to be. Destination AMerica, FYI, Travel chan. are a couple of the ones I know of that are on it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts