AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read the owners threads for the most part and see that some say they are the same and some say the 750 has a better processor.

BB manager said he was told by Panny rep. that the 750 has a better processor.

So what's the truth? Or doesn't anyone know for sure?

·
Registered
844 Posts
That's a good question. I assumed they had the same prodessor, but the PZ750 had more user adjustments. I was sure that was the only difference. Not sure.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Interested to know this too....I'm on the verg of buying a tv asap!

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
The 700u/750u all use the same processor and same glass, verified by Panasonic USA awhile back if you read through the threads. Not too hard to get one uninformed (or tricky??) Panny rep telling a bb manager somethng just to add to the sales pitch to help with the sales of a higher priced model.

Just like Pioneer uses the same processor/same glass in the regular Kuro as they do with the Kuro Elites (the Elites do have a different glass filter applied to them).

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
The 77U also uses the same panel/video processing as the 700U/750U.

·
Registered
968 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dssturbo1 /forum/post/12933288

The 700u/750u all use the same processor and same glass, verified by Panasonic USA awhile back if you read through the threads. Not too hard to get one uninformed (or tricky??) Panny rep telling a bb manager somethng just to add to the sales pitch to help with the sales of a higher priced model.

Just like Pioneer uses the same processor/same glass in the regular Kuro as they do with the Kuro Elites (the Elites do have a different glass filter applied to them).

dssturbo1,

You should note that although the Pioneer Pure and Elite lines each contain the same processor chip the processing offered by/via the chip is different in the two lines. In other words they do not perform the same processing. Its like two computers having the same processor but running different programs. In the case of the Pioneer, the Elite offers additional firmware algorthims for additional/advanced processing.

Beyond this I don't know. For instance, I don't know just what additional processing is offered or what visable differences result. But many assume that the same processor chip results in identical processing. In Pioneer's case, this is not quite true.

As far as Panny, I haven't a clue.

Cheers,

Gary

1 - 7 of 7 Posts