AVS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my components in a closet, so I can point the IR Blaster at them, but if I want to control the other TVs in the house, I can't set up an IR blaster in front of all of them.

Does the 890 also have an IR emitter in the front of it like the 880 so I have the option of controlling components with the remote IR the traditional way?

·
Registered
1,423 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed3120 /forum/post/12966124

Does the 890 also have an IR emitter in the front of it like the 880 so I have the option of controlling components with the remote IR the traditional way?

Yes it does. You can opt to control each device either with the Remote or with the RF Wireless Extender.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So you can technically use it without the RF extender? (I know that's just an 880, but I'm trying to better understand how it works.)

The online manual and specs don't mention anything about the remote itself having an IR emitter.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed3120 /forum/post/12966518

So you can technically use it without the RF extender? (I know that's just an 880, but I'm trying to better understand how it works.)

The online manual and specs don't mention anything about the remote itself having an IR emitter.

Yes you can use it without the RF Wireless Extender. In fact, that is just what I did until I was satisfied with all functions.

And of course, the On-line Manual for the 890 PRO at least, clearly describes the IR function of the emote on page 7.

RTFM

·
Registered
19 Posts
Mind posting a link? I can't find it on the website, looked at the support page and only found the main software and parts.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantodd /forum/post/12980058

Mind posting a link? I can't find it on the website, looked at the support page and only found the main software and parts.

From Your Remote's Home Page click on SUPPORT at the top of the page. From the SUPPORT Page go down to REFERENCES and select USER MANUAL. A PDF version will open before your eyes.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Doesn't work for me in either firefox or IE. I tried downloading the software but wasn't able to get it to do anything without a remote and the only user manual the software pointed to was 600 series.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantodd /forum/post/12981327

Doesn't work for me in either firefox or IE. I tried downloading the software but wasn't able to get it to do anything without a remote and the only user manual the software pointed to was 600 series.

Within the software Support => User Manual downloads the pdf for the model remote that is being used. I have an 890 PRO and the 15 page pdf manual is for that remote.

I'm not sure what IE or Firefox has to do with it?
I'm in the Software on my PC and Log In that way.

I'd suggest a call or E-mail to Logitech Technical Support.

I'd download the pdf file but I don't know how to get it to you via PM.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts