AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading about progressive scan DVD players - I just got a 61" 4x3 Toshiba HD RPTV and want to make the most of it. And was looking into Progressive DVD players when I came across this Chroma bug thing.

I currently have an APEX 600A DVD player which I got when this was the only one I could find that played MP3's. When reading about the Chroma bug here:

http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volum...ug-4-2001.html

I saw that the Apex 600 DVD player has this bug, does this mean that my player is a progressive scan? - I can't find any mention of that in the manual and I thought that the progressive scan DVD players were still fairly expensive.

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
No, it is a function of the MPEG decoder, not (potential) deinterlacing.

As far as cost is concerned, if you think US$200 is "fairly expensive", then yes they are fairly expensive.

Options from Panasonic, JVC and Toshiba are available around the $200 price point, and undoubtedly there are others I'm not aware of.

Regards,

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.

I just went out and got a JVC XV-S502SL Progressive DVD Player for $179. plays just about everything except Audio DVD's. Looks Great even on SVCD's - haven't checked for Chroma bug.

The old Apex is going on the bedroom 35".

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.