AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have an Audigy 2 card connected optically to my receiver and it obviously only does stereo when playing games. Will the new X-Fi (Platinum) be able to 5.1 in games? (i just read another post but it got confusing with everyone's opinions/attacking ;) ).

I read about an upcoming decoder box - but will that be necessary to play in 5.1? Or will the X-Fi be able to do it on its own?

THANKS!!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The DTS encoder is the thing that's coming out "in September"? Will that be only available for the X-Fi cards, or can I use it with the Audigy 2 PLatinum? Also, any idea on the price for the DTS encoder?

thanks a lot for your help

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sorry for yet another question....i think this it the last one though :)

It's by Creative? (i'm just making sure)

·
Registered
18,927 Posts
You guys seem to forget that any card that can output Directsound can do multi-channel games, just as long as you use discreet outputs.

So you can get 5.1, 7.1,etc just as many channels as your card supports.

·
Registered
8,729 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFi
You guys seem to forget that any card that can output Directsound can do multi-channel games, just as long as you use discreet outputs.

So you can get 5.1, 7.1,etc just as many channels as your card supports.
No one forgot about that option, it's just that the original poster wants 5.1 digitally. And just in case the poster wasn't aware, I had informed him/her that it does 5.1 analog with just the card.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.