AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is actually a 2005fpw

I have a 46inch Samsung as my main HTPC monitor. It has been working great, but I have been using it more for work and school than I anticipated. I want to add another screen.

I have a 5 year old Dell 2001FP (21''). Still works great. I want to add it to my system and am going to mount it up and make it nice, but my question is:

Can the Dell 2001FP support HD video if I want to stream hulu, youtube, or play a blue ray on it? Will there be any problems?

My res is 1920 x 1080. If I plug in the other monitor, I would just set it to whatever res I want it to be and it won't mess much up will it? anyone have problems playing games or whatever when using 2 screens? I just want to use it to play my media while I work on the big TV.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I have a 2005FPW. I really like it, and have watched a lot of video on it.

Its native resolution is [email protected] It doesn't have HDMI in, so it won't do Full HD in either signal format or resolution.

if your computer has enough graphics processing horsepower, you should be able to span monitors, each at their native resolution.

I don't know if this is a helpful answer or not. the 1680x1050 resolution is between 720p (1280x720 or 1366x768) and 1080p. SOme compromise will have to be made in viewing content.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts