AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it an upgrade or a downgrade in terms of 2 channel audio? the older denons are heavier (probably because of the chasis) & were made in japan. i dont have any experience with the newer denons, how do they fare with the older ones. i listen to 2 channel music most of the time but i also watch a lot of movies and using the 5.1 analog connection is tricky in terms of blending the sub with the rest of the speakers because of the weak signal that needs to be boosted to match the other channels unlike an hdmi connection which is much simpler. any opinions? thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
90,313 Posts
A number of former 3800/1/2 owners who have moved to a newer model with Audyssey MultEQ have noted an improvement in audio quality. As long as your speakers are fairly easy to drive, the 1610 should work well, although note that it is only an HDMI 1.3 AVR so no 3D or ARC feature capability. Also only the 33XXCI series and higher now have the multi channel analog inputs, noting that the 4311CI (soon to be replaced by the 4520CI in Sep) is the current replacement for the 38XXCI series.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts