AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure that this is the correct forum to post these questions.

I've been looking at the Denon 1600 DVD player but have a few concerns

My receiver is the Denon 3300 which will allow utilization of DVD-A through the external inputs. It outputs through direct mode which doesn't allow

for base adjustment.

I am interested in playing DADs and DVD-Audio Disks and am curious if the Denon DVD 1600 will allow bass management so that I can hear the lower frequency's through my sub-woofer.

Best regards,

Gary:)

·
Registered
24 Posts
I own a 1600, and a dennon 3803 receiver. Both of which has management to an extent ( setting speaker sizes on the menu of the dvd-a) and also allowing to set the speaker sizes on the receiver), however when listening to dvd-a, I find that my subwoofer barely utters a peep. So I think going through the ext-in of the reciever, it completely bypasses any bass management (this is from my personal observation). I think the manual or one of the statements they make is -Bass Management-, but I found it to not be the case, or if it was it's rather weak. I ended up plopping for a ICBM from outlaw, and I've been much much happier.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
863 Posts
Yes, the Denon has bass management for 5.1 output. The "small" speaker setting with the Denon will give you a 100mhz crossover, and all bass below will be directed to the sub. What is poor with the 1600 is that it doesn't give a test tone for the sub so you have no way to properly calibrate without a setup disk like Avia. There also is no delay adjustment to compensate for distance. You can only set delays for the surrounds and there are no output adjustments for the FL or FR speakers, but you'll be matching the rest to them anyway. It could be better, but it does the job.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.