AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to set up my machine in another room and run just one hdmi along through the rooms to the theater room but right now I have had zero luck in getting hdmi audio, video works fine but i cant get audio through my Onkyo 605, i tinkered with all the realtek audio settings, but no luck, anybody have any ideas?

·
Premium Member
16,132 Posts
"Realtek" is a wrong sound playback device; it's the onboard audio codec for S/PDIF and analog in the rear panel. You have to install NVIDIA HDMI audio driver (check the driver CD or NVIDIA website) and select NVIDIA HDMI Output as the sound playback device from the control panel.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I used this MB with HDMI to my tv samsung LN-46B750. I set the default to HDMI audio, but I only get audio if an application is running that is capable of direct control over the audio device. If the OS is running the audio control panel won't perform tests and won't play test sounds. With XBMC it runs fine, but will only run on 2-channel and analog. I've updated the realtec drivers, the nvidia motherboard and video drivers. lots of tickering but nothing gets it to work with 5.1...and frequently an app like xbmc will fail to initialize the sound and I'll have to ticker with that too... Anyone have suggestions?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Are you running the nvidia driver for the HDMI audio? If you are using the standard Windows driver I'm pretty sure you will only get 2 channel audio over HDMI. If you open the mixer is the HDMI audio listed as nvidia high definition audio device?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts