AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just checking as I am not clear on this. I have seen the LT155 listed as having the Instacare but not the LT150 on the Dell site.

Does it depend on where you purchase from? What a about a used or refurbished unit? Is the Instacare as well as the warranty transferrable to the new owner.

·
Registered
16,014 Posts
Don't know about how the Instacare would work. But if you read the fine print in the warranty it specifies that it's valid only for the original purchaser. However I bought a new Infocus projector from an eBay seller (who was neither an Infocus dealer or authorized re-seller). And I think the Infocus warranty had the same fine print.

The brand new projector had a problem when I received it. I called Infocus customer service to inquire about getting a warranty repair.

They never asked me to verify that I was the original purchaser. Only wanted to verify if it was still within the warranty period based on the manufacture date on the ID label. Sent me a brand new replacement projector.

So warranty transfer is not cut and dried. The fine print is sometimes there which would allow them to refuse it. But refusing to honor the warranty doesn't appear to be standard practice.

Bob

------------------

~ The Sultan of Cheap ~

[This message has been edited by RobertWood (edited 08-15-2001).]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.