AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the Panasonic PX77U have both optical in and out? I wanted to know this because I planned on hooking up my Logitech Z-680's to the TV through the out put but I also wanted to hook up my PS3. If I hookup my PS3 via HDMI will it transfer the sound to the TV or will I also need to run an optical cable to the TV which the PS3 has a port for.

·
Registered
216 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmd68 /forum/post/0

Does the Panasonic PX77U have both optical in and out? I wanted to know this because I planned on hooking up my Logitech Z-680's to the TV through the out put but I also wanted to hook up my PS3. If I hookup my PS3 via HDMI will it transfer the sound to the TV or will I also need to run an optical cable to the TV which the PS3 has a port for.

NO it does not have both.

Optical out only

If you use HDMI the sound is sent on the same cable into the set but I can't speak as to PS3 HDMI issues.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok. So the sound IS sent through HDMI via the PS3. I understand that HDMI is in theory supposed to carry both Audio and Video but I've heard of situations with different TV's and receivers that an audio cable was needed in conjunction with the HDMI. I'm hoping this is not a problem with my PS3.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.