AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to pick up a new TV in the next month and have been very impressed with what I'm reading about the Panasonic TH-50PHD7UY. I have read that the 42" version of this TV, TH-42PHD7UY, has black level flickering issues on non 1.85 AR movies. Does anyone know if the TH-50PHD7UY suffers from the same problem?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So this has been confirmed by owners? I'm not saying I don't believe you, but you know how "facts" spread online.

Shoot, I thought that TV was the one. Any comparable alternative solutions would be welcomed.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I can't speak for the 50PHD at all. I have seen one running just fine off of a VGA computer feed. I am just saying that my 42PWD and my friends 42PWD have an extremely irritating problem with black level flickering and it sounds like Panasonic doesn't really care to fix their own mistake. I know they use it as an anti burn in solution, but the strobing is so pronounced that it completely detracts from the cinema experience.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK, thanks for your input.

Are there any videos or shots of this flickering?

If I bought a TH-50PHD7UY I'd most likely not be able to see it in person since it isn't a consumer level model. I really like this TV and the industrial features (or lack of consumer features).

Hopefully someone has more info.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Good luck with your purchase and from what I hear, the 50PHD does not have the flicker problem. I am not sure either if there are any videos of it, but if you live and Tucson and would like a demonstration of the flicker, you should see my friends 42PWD which flickers even worse than mine even though we both have the exact same set up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.