AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the market for a budget plasma right now.

I was looking at the 50inch Panny C2. Is this plasma worth buying or no?

I was also looking at the Sammy 450.

Any thoughts on which one to go for?

·
Premium Member
18,322 Posts
The C2 is pretty sucky. It's got the lowest end panel, it's only 768p, and it doesn't have an AR Filter. It's the suckiest 2010 model.

You're probably better off looking at the LGs and Samsungs - you can probably get more TV for your low budget.

·
Registered
722 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWalters /forum/post/19542740

The C2 is pretty sucky. It's got the lowest end panel, it's only 768p, and it doesn't have an AR Filter. It's the suckiest 2010 model.

You're probably better off looking at the LGs and Samsungs - you can probably get more TV for your low budget.

I thought the S series sucked more... so what about AR filters... How many Plasmas have it before 2008???

Not that I am pushing the C2. Just I find it perfect for a inexpensive plasma.

Though a 50" 768 is barely making the grade. My 42 incher is nice for what it does and a whole lot less than any other Plasma.

At least one good thing it is better than an LCD.
)

If it were not for Pioneer, Plasma has been considered top dog... but only when you pay 5K or more for your TV.

Every technology has its good points and bad... plasma still needs some help. Hopefully Panasonic will do a better job with their 2012 models.

I did say keep away from the 50" only if your planing on using it for games and sitting closer than 8 feet.

For a bedroom tv that has about 10 feet distance... it is a good pic for the price. In the bedroom the lights are dim or off... so glare is not an issue.

I have a 42" C2 the glare is not that bad as it is the first plasma we perchased.

Maybe the window being a bit out of the way helps. Its all about placement.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I wouldn't say "it sucks" - it depends on what someone plans on using their tv for. For a darker room environment, and with intentions mostly on HDTV programming, I'd say it's a fine tv for the price.

That being said, the panel shows lots of reflections due to the lack of an ar-filter.

It's not meant to showcase what blu ray is truly all about, no, but for the money it can be had for, it's certainly better than a fair selection of lcds out there in the 40"-46" size structure seeing as how it maintains all 720+ lines of motion resolution.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I recently bought a c2 and can tell you that in my opinion its a great tv for the money. I'm still breaking it in so I haven't even adjusted it yet, but I feel the colors are decent out of the box. I've played some blurays and they look really good to me. HD through comcast looks really good also. I have the 46" c2 and my sitting distance is 8' away and I feel its the perfect size for a 720p set. I don't think you could go wrong with either. My work has the 450 and its a nice tv also. It does produce a good bit more heat than my panny and buzzes. It also has a better screen adjustment menu than the c2 and is thinner. I think its rather funny that someone thinks this tv pretty much sucks. Look at the reviews for this tv and the c2 thread in this forum. There's a reason why they are mostly positive.

Forgot to mention the samsung has the AR and the c2 does not.

·
Registered
460 Posts
1024x768 on a 50" Plasma sucks. Panny use to have the 50" models at 1366x768. Look at the 50" models from LG (pj350) and Samsung (c430, c450).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts