AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Subject pretty much says it all. The only info. I've found about DVD-Audio support by sound cards has referred to the SB Audigy or Extigy. Please advise.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Currently the Revo 7.1 does not support DVD-Audio. I have heard some talk about maybe future driver/software patches would allow for that compatibility, but I'm not even sure if that is possible. The Audigy 2 Platinum EX supports DVD-Audio playback at 48/96 (I think).

-Kilroy

·
Registered
13,423 Posts
That depends on what you mean by "supports DVD-Audio".

If you are asking does it "support" multi-channel 24/96 or stereo 24/192 the answer is yes. However, if asking does the Revo ship with a DVD-Audio player the answer is no.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So, are there any Software DVD-Audio players for purchase or for free download that will work with it?

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
no

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
"If you are asking does it "support" multi-channel 24/96 or stereo 24/192 the answer is yes."

Cliff,

If I connect the Revolution card to a DVD-Audio deck (analog to analog), can I record all 6 channels simultaneously and in sync at 24/96?

Thanks,

Joe

·
Registered
13,423 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jamoka
"If you are asking does it "support" multi-channel 24/96 or stereo 24/192 the answer is yes."

Cliff,

If I connect the Revolution card to a DVD-Audio deck (analog to analog), can I record all 6 channels simultaneously and in sync at 24/96?

Thanks,

Joe
No because the Revo is 2 channels in and 8 channels out.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
So, what would be the least expensive M-Audio card that will do that? Will the 1010 work? If not, can you recommend a card that will? I'm trying to avoid the Audigy 2.

Thanks,

Joe

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.