AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I exchanged my 36 inch KV36HS510 for the XBR910. My main reason for the exchange was the vertical bar problem I had with the KV36HS510. I will be receiving my new TV tomorrow. Does the XBR910 have this vertical bar problem? I hope not, I havent read to much negative things on here about this unit, hopefully i didnt miss anything. Owners of this unit please feel free to comment :) thanks.

·
Registered
305 Posts
My 2 month old 34XBR810 has the vertical bar problem. I'm using a Motorola DCT-5100 HDTV cable box.

I usually only notice the vertical bar when the movie credits fade to black before the next segment, although I did see the bar once during an Everybody Loves Raymond show in a very dark scene.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh damn, I hope I dont get this with the 910. Have you tried to correct it?

·
Registered
305 Posts
Not yet. The vertical line is hard to spot, so I've been putting off trying the service menu change until I get done tinkering with the rest of my HT.

·
Registered
136 Posts
that vertical problam is very weird I think it has to do with the damn motorolla cable box!!! check this out turn the cable box off then quickly hit menu on the Motorolla box and you will see the YpBPr output whats really weird is if you change to 480p or 720p you dont get the vertical scrolling!

after each change power on the box to see. Only in 1080i the vertical scrolling happens especially in a black screen scene!

Anyone know why this is????????

This doesnt happen with the xbox or anything else only the damn Motorolla Cable boxes, and even then only in 1080i mode!

P.S. you can only see the Vertical Scrolling bars if you are tuned into a High Definition channel. Before going to the menu have it turned to HBO or ESPN High Def then you will see what im talking about!

·
Registered
41 Posts
What does this vertical bar look like(color)? While watching 2001-a space odyssey, during the intermission scenes where the screen is all black, I noticed an anomaly sweeping accross the screen from right to left. Sort of like a section of black, very faint, moving across about every few seconds. BTW I was viewing the movie on a Momitsu DVI dvd player using 1080i resolution.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey Woodrow, did u get my PM? I just wanted to let you know that i took your advice regarding an exchange. The store manager in Circuit City was very nice, I now have the XBR910 and so far so good. No vertical bar at all. Thanks again.

·
6,091 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by akadennis
Hey Woodrow, did u get my PM? I just wanted to let you know that i took your advice regarding an exchange. The store manager in Circuit City was very nice, I now have the XBR910 and so far so good. No vertical bar at all. Thanks again.
Akadennis,

I've got it now. I have a bad habit of forgetting to check my PM's. Glad to hear your good to go again. I've heard nothing but good things about the 910. VERY nice PQ. At any rate, I'm glad I could help. Weird isn't it though? You hear about the "30 day" return policy and you think your screwed if it passes. Truth is, most places, if your not happy will pretty much work with you until you are. Hope to see you around the forum,

·
Registered
470 Posts
There used to be some old posts about this problem. My 40XBR800 had it until I made the recommended change in the service menu. I can't remember what it was (early 2003), but I'm sure some searches will turn it up for you.

Wow, I popped in to see what has been happening since I haven't really been active in this area for at least 6-8 months and it seems like all the old questions are popping back up again.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by KadMan
There used to be some old posts about this problem. My 40XBR800 had it until I made the recommended change in the service menu. I can't remember what it was (early 2003), but I'm sure some searches will turn it up for you.
That thread is here , started 11/2002.

To tell you the truth, I wish I'd never read that thread. Once I did, I started looking for the vertical bar - and unfortunately found it. I guess once in a while that old saying is true - "ignorance is bliss".

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.