AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After fighting with this thing for the last two days and realizing I just can't get it to work I'm going to try a different route in terms of software.

But before I waste any more time I'd like to know what route will get me closest to my desired destination.

What I really want to be able to do is go into WMC, click on my "TV shows" directory (under media browser or whatever), and then click play. 1/2 the time I'm watching tv I'm not really watching tv...it's more there in the background while I do work, clean, etc. Or maybe I'm just laying on the couch on a Sunday afternoon.

In either case, the last thing I want to have to do is every 30 or 60 minutes (well...22 and 45, but whatever) have to go back into WMC and choose another video file, hit play, etc. What I want to be able to do is recreate the passive-ness of TV, which is an issue that has kept me away from the htpc concept in the past.

What would be the best way to do this? Meaning, which software route (either the MPC-HC setup described in the sticky, or some other type of setup) would get closest to this?

Even if it was a case where I had to navigate to, lets say, a season of a tv show (so a folder with a list of files in it, since I could see how folders within folders might cause issues) that starts at episode 1 and will just play down through the list of episodes, that would be fine with me.

I just don't want to have to select a new episode, select the appropriate audio / subtitles track, etc. etc. after the completion of each episode.

Hopefully that wasn't impossible to understand. Thoughts?

·
Registered
764 Posts
Buy an antenna and just turn the tv on.

BT

·
Registered
608 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGalt /forum/post/19526664

lol I was thinking something along the same lines.

thank God there is no collection of "Horders" episodes for my girlfriend to rent

Tell me about it, i could never understand it.

Why do they always have to find dead cats?

I just barfed a little.

but anyways...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.