AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a HK AVR 3650 in my theater room. The pictures below is what all HDMI connected devices look like now. I grabbed another receiver I have in another room of the house and hooked it up to the same projector using the same HDMI cables and the devices worked fine. I just want to check here first to see if there is anything I can try to do before sending this receiver in.

Edit: wow did this happen right on time. Warranty Expires in April!!!! Nice

Pics:

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
I have a HK AVR 3650 in my theater room. The pictures below is what all HDMI connected devices look like now. I grabbed another receiver I have in another room of the house and hooked it up to the same projector using the same HDMI cables and the devices worked fine. I just want to check here first to see if there is anything I can try to do before sending this receiver in.

Edit: wow did this happen right on time. Warranty Expires in April!!!! Nice

Pics:
Why are you asking here? Even if someone here thinks it's a warranty issue, it doesn't mean anyone at HK or their service department will agree.

You also haven't indicated anything about gong direct from the sources to the projector or from the offending receiver to another display. It's possible that it needs a hard reset.

It's possible that it falls under the warranty, but you really need to contact HK or the dealer. If you bought it online from someone who is NOT one of the authorized resellers, this whole question is moot because the warranty is void if purchased from unauthorized sources.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What do you mean why am I aksong here? Because this is the receiver forum...

I've tried the above mention outside of a hard reset. I initially thought it was my projector so I asked over there first. Once I isolated the issue to the receiver I came here to see if there is anything else suggested to try and fix it before I send it in for warranty repair.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
What do you mean why am I aksong here? Because this is the receiver forum...

I've tried the above mention outside of a hard reset. I initially thought it was my projector so I asked over there first. Once I isolated the issue to the receiver I came here to see if there is anything else suggested to try and fix it before I send it in for warranty repair.
Manufacturers decide, not public opinion. If you call tech support, they may be able to get you through making it work faster than posting here and waiting for replies because they have heard of this particular problem more often than anyone here. Unless you're me- I couldn't begin to count the number of times I have described a problem and was told "I have never heard of this, before".

HDMI is going to be problematic for as long as it's used, IMO. It has a very narrow margin where the "handshake" works, or doesn't, an the window is .3V. It's not very fault tolerant WRT connection quality. How old is the cable? It can matter because what is being demanded of them now, isn't what was demanded of them when the format came out.

I have been told by several manufacturers that hot-swapping cables as a way to reset the EDID is OK, as long as it's not continuous. Maybe this would work for yours.

How old is it less than 2 years? Most manufacturers had HDMI board problems a few years ago and some just take longer to show up.

Any tight bends in the cables? Have the cables been inserted/removed often? Oddly, HDMI was never intended for frequent connect/disconnect.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All the equipment is less then two years old. I bought every thing at the same time. I'm just going to wait and see if they accept warranty exchange. Right now my onkyo receiver is in its place and every thing is working with it.

I was just posting here to see if someone has seen this before and maybe had some feedback to a easy fix.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts