AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi ! i have direct tv HD with a samsung t 160 for local OTA i have an antenna sometimes the signal is lost for the OTA channels- my installers are going to try to adjust the antenna, but they warned me they may not be able to improve the signal and "oh well"- pray for cable HD ! does this sound right???

·
Banned
3,023 Posts
What kind of antenna? How is it mounted and pointed? Where are the broadcast station towers located and how far away? Any obstructions like hills, trees, etc in that direction? What is your location, zipcode?

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
OTA signals can be as good or better than cable and it is far less expensive...(over a period of time). If you have a resonable clear line of sight between your antenna and the transmitters..and the distance is less than 60 miles, you should be able to receiove your local digital stations. If they are under 40 miles should be no problem. You will need a good UHF antenna (if stations are all 14 and above). Between 40 miles and 60 miles can be a problem area. But, in most cases, thiese problems can be overcome. A roator is generally needed to zero in on the digital stations. And a height of the antenna of 25-35 feet above ground level is most helpful.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.