AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of auditioning DVD players to replace my Sony '700P. I'm finding the chroma bug more and more annoying. I will be using the player with a SONY RPTV 57" XBR2. Here's what I'm looking for:

0) Good PQ

1) Progressive Output without chroma bug or flickering. ( I have already looked at the Denon 1600 and when I ran the begining of toy story, it was flickering where I was used to seeing the chroma bug on my sony. Personally, I found it very distracting. )

2) Zoom function for non-anamorphic letterboxed movies.

3) Coax Digital Ouput

4)

At the moment I am giving the RP-91 a trial and am reasonably pleased with it. BTW thanks for the software updates that have been posted on the board, very helpful. It still has a few quirks that I could do without. (Several times I've done something in the menus and ended up with french soundtrack and english subtitles when I return to a paused disc.)

Are there any other players I should take a look at ? Are there any other players due out soon that might fit the bill ?

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Aaron,

Two new Pany's due out in August look interesting so far - the DVDRP82 and DVDXP50.

Both are under $400, use Faroudja deinterlacers, and have variable zoom. Since they're Pany's, both (hopefully) will be chroma bug free.

It's unknown if they'll have the "RP56 flicker" problem, though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.