AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Parents are looking at a very cheap Benq MP511+

According to Benq and Projector Central, this model uses a 5-segment colorwheel rotating a "4x". It's a standard business-class (800x600) unit that my parents want for the occasional home movie/presentation.

They are familiar with my previous Infocus IN72 which uses a 6-segment, 4x colorwheel.

Will the absence of one additonal color segment (but the same colorwheel speed) result in more signifigant "rainbow" issues? They occasionaly see the odd one pop up on the IN72 but nothing serious.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
I'm guessing that the absence of one color will not change the probability of seeing rainbows, only the speed of the wheel itself.

In short, they'll probably notice the occassional rainbow as mentioned plus the fact that the colors might not be as vibrant as the infocus

Victor

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
How great a deal is the 480 pj they are thinking of buying?

If your mom is subject to rainbow effect when occasionally watching your projector then she might be more affected with regular exposure.

XGA/720p lcd projectors can be found for heavily discounted prices so I would suggest being a determined shopper and deal finder and look for a higher resolution and more suited to their needs projector.

·
Registered
4,054 Posts
I would purchase a 720p unit since they have dropped so much.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts