AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
There's always the SDX1 for $300 which should give you infinite times better picture quality if your able to return that Kodak.

Digicams are really not recommended for storing memories.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
What do you want from a crappy phone cam? Yeah, yeah, this is not a phone, but any modern phone has a camera as good (as bad?) as this one.

That's why I'm asking. I didn't know if the quality was supposed to be that poor. I don't know much about cameras, and the reviews were pretty good. I seen 1080p, so I figured the quality would be good

·
Registered
1,310 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokey8 /forum/post/19611448

That's why I'm asking. I didn't know if the quality was supposed to be that poor. I don't know much about cameras, and the reviews were pretty good. I seen 1080p, so I figured the quality would be good

Canon S95 is probably the better of the small bunch. But a bit pricey relatively. Normally you use the sensor dimensions (physical size), MP count, and other things like name brand optics or nameless to guess at a cameras quality. With most things cheap, it's probably great outdoors during daytime hours. But only outdoors. Hopefully you weren't expecting broadcast quality at $200-ish.

·
Banned
26 Posts

·
Registered
4,630 Posts
You just bought a Kodak PlayTouch zi10 and not a real camcorder so don't expect it to shoot HD video like a real camcorder.
Quote:
Amazon Kodak PlayTouch reviews:

Disappointing Product

Worst Camera EVER MADE! Kodak Play Touch PlayTouch

image quality is beyond horrible

Very Disappointing Camera

bad piece of garbage!
http://www.amazon.com/Kodak-PlayTouc...1815862&sr=1-1

·
Banned
26 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokey8 /forum/post/19614323

Thanks for the info. I'm gonna send it back. Guess I had my expectations too high, seen 1080p so just thought it would be really good quality.

Maybe you watch too much vids from blu-ray disk shot from a pro HD video camera.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts