AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to buy a pioneer elite 49 txi receiver, but I have a question, does it allow a sub when listening to 2 channel, since it has a auto setup, I assume I would not indicate speaker size during setup, can any one shed some light on this for me, thanks

·
Registered
10,403 Posts
While in "Direct" mode, no. In Direct mode, both analog and digital signals bypass the DSP's. Bass management is done in digital domain.

But if you are in "Stereo" mode, the DSP's are used, so subwoofer can be activated. If fronts are satellites and set to "Small", the sub will automatically be used if sub setting is "Yes". If fronts are set as "Large", then you can set the subwoofer to the "Plus" setting so that sub is used even when fronts are set to Large in Stereo or any other mode.

However, you can change the subwoofer setting back to "Yes" when doing movies and multichannel so that the bass from all speakers set to "Small" and LFE sound gets properly sent to the sub. It's easy to change the settings manually once you get used to the user interface.

I've had my 49TXi for about 2 months; it's a great receiver.

Enjoy.

·
Thread Ender
5,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by ss9001
While in "Direct" mode, no. In Direct mode, both analog and digital signals bypass the DSP's. Bass management is done in digital domain.

Not true!!!

In Direct Mode with a digital input signal the sub is active. With an analog

input signal it is not active. See the attached thread.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...hreadid=290962

Dave

·
Registered
10,403 Posts
WS -

I slipped up on that one. You're right about the digital direct input. We just covered all that in the thread you referenced. It's just the analog inputs that are involved. My mistake.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.