AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I saw this some where. The reason I ask is because with my RS1, at max vertical lens shift (mark haflich is cringing lol), I am able to zoom to a 100" diagonal 16:9 at a throw distance of 9.5'. That's equal to a throw ratio of 1.31 when the RS1 is spec'd at 1.4. Oh and yes the image is square, it's not tilted down.

·
Premium Member
25,493 Posts
"That's equal to a throw ratio of 1.31 when the RS1 is spec'd at 1.4."

The spec is +/- 5 or 10%.

Anyway, you can answer the question by seeing if the image size changes when you shift the picture; I didn't notice that on my RS1 but I didn't shift it within a very big range.

·
Registered
21,464 Posts
I'm not cringing at all. Its your theater not mine. If you are happy with it, that is all that really counts. I think 1.31 would be within the plus amd minus spec. With a set up using maximum shift, would increase the throw distance from say a center placement. Therefore at minimum zoom one might have a larger picture equating to needing closer placement at maximum shift.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.