AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the Sony UTV units will make the call to DirecTV to upload PPV purchases, etc. if the unit is NOT connected to the satellite? I have a W60 that I just listed on ebay. I just realized that it hasn't been hooked up to a phone line for the last 60 days or so. There are a couple of PPV movies that we got that need to be payed for before we sell it. It is currently plugged in to the AC and a telephone line but not the satellite dish. Anyone know if this will work? Thanks.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I'm not sure, but my guess is it would call.

But there's no danger of the buyer getting charged for your PPVs, since that's stored on the card, and DirecTV won't activate a used card.

·
Registered
524 Posts
You should connect it back up and call directv.... not sure what they would do if you don't? I have always called they put the card to inactive and check it for chargers.

Thats why they don't transfer cards as a rule.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hook up a phone line and it'll dial out. Whomever buys it will be forced to get a new P4 card by D* when he activates.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, I know they have to get a new card. I just wasn't sure if the PPV info was stored on the UTV. I didn't want someone getting my UTV and then DTV telling them they had a $20 PPV bill that had to be cleared up before they could activate it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.