AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the Sony UTV units will make the call to DirecTV to upload PPV purchases, etc. if the unit is NOT connected to the satellite? I have a W60 that I just listed on ebay. I just realized that it hasn't been hooked up to a phone line for the last 60 days or so. There are a couple of PPV movies that we got that need to be payed for before we sell it. It is currently plugged in to the AC and a telephone line but not the satellite dish. Anyone know if this will work? Thanks.

·
Registered
524 Posts
You should connect it back up and call directv.... not sure what they would do if you don't? I have always called they put the card to inactive and check it for chargers.

Thats why they don't transfer cards as a rule.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hook up a phone line and it'll dial out. Whomever buys it will be forced to get a new P4 card by D* when he activates.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, I know they have to get a new card. I just wasn't sure if the PPV info was stored on the UTV. I didn't want someone getting my UTV and then DTV telling them they had a $20 PPV bill that had to be cleared up before they could activate it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.