AVS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did you notice in Portal (one of the games in The Orange Box) when you are in areas beyond/behind the test areas that there are a bunch of white and orange devices that look a lot like the 360?

I can't remember if this is in the "live fire" level where you first encounter the killbots, or later on. But somewhere in Portal there is a part where you get to crawl into a "behind the scenes" area where someone/thing had lived. One of those 360 looking devices is on a crate, and it's top cover has been removed. There is a frying pan sitting on top - suggesting that the heat generated by the device/console was hot enough to cook on.

A small jab at overheating 360s? Or am I reading too much into this? I thought it was funny...

·
Registered
369 Posts
lmfao. i think u def got something there. thats pretty damn funny.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I think those are the computers that are scattered all over throughout the later levels. You could say they resemble a 360 vaguely though...

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
I thought the same thing hen i played it through. I just assumed they were made to look like the 360.

·
Registered
6,992 Posts
That's funny, and I know what area you're talking about, but didn't make the connection when I played through it. I definitely think you're onto something.

I've been meaning to play through the commentary, so maybe I'll do that tonight.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Is it the level where you have get the power balls down the long tunnels to raise the platforms? There is a section of wall that pops out and you can crawl behind it.

·
Registered
6,992 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 257Tony /forum/post/12978341

Is it the level where you have get the power balls down the long tunnels to raise the platforms? There is a section of wall that pops out and you can crawl behind it.

There's a few places where you can get behind the scenes. There's one there, and one on the first level with the robots/guns. I think there's another also, but can't remember where it's at.

I'm not sure which one the frying pan in question is in though.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I checked again tonight. It is in the 16th training room - the one where you first meet the "live fire" robots.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts