AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a movie recorded at high quality. The extracted file is about 5.5GB. WinDVD (version 3.0) only plays the first 28 minutes. I've estimated that it only got about 1.3GB into the file. Windows Media Player can get through the whole file, but for some reason, the audio stutters. It could be this PC which is a 450MHZ PII, with WinXP Pro.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I don't know about WinDVD but I found that many MPEG progs can't deal with large MPEG files (over 2 gig) even though WinXPpro NTFS works fine with them. PowerDVD works fine.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I've played 4G and 5G files w/ WinDVD with no problem. However, if there is a GOP error, sometimes it gets confused and has troubles.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Good point, when I was first extracting, when the apps were first developed, we were downloading at full speed while recording etc. There were lots of glitches in the video which really messed with editors and players. Be sure that the replay is off and not recording before extracting video.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Mandingo
I had the same problem with WinDVD - I ended up splitting the 4GB into two 2GB files to get around it.
What utility did you use to split the MPG file?

BTW, I have a ShowStopper, so I am physically putting its hard disk into my PC and using RTV Extract. So, I am not getting any sort of transfer error. I have confirmed that this problem happens on all movies recorded at high quality. Movies recorded at Extended play OK, even if they are bigger than 1.3GB. Of course, it could be that my math was wrong.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.