AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to know what, if any, A/V Receivers can pass the "Video Signal" when the unit is in "Stand-by". I am asking about Receivers that do "Component Switching".

Please list your Brand and est. price.

Thanks

Dave

·
Registered
102 Posts
You have a PM re. this.....

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Dave,

I don't know if you had a price range in mind, but my Sunfire TG2 passes video even when its off, thru component only, so I would assume that the new Sunfire Ultimate Receiver does as well. Also, I believe the reason that it does this (the composite and S video get cut off when the TG2 is shut down) is because the switching is done by a relay, and doesn't need active electronics. The relay apparently stays in the position that it was last in. I suspect it was designed this way to allow for higher bandwidth, and would suspect that a great many other products function the same way.

Thanks,

engima

·
Premium Member
3,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys for the response. So for me this is a good thing. Now I am wondering when A/V Receivers will be coming out in the Mid-Level range that will offer DVI/HDCP(HDMI) and Component switching--any takers on this one?

Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.