AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had collected a bunch of funny clips, teasers, jokes and stuff from family and emails over the years on my computers hard drive. I remembered my Bravo D1 was supposed to play MPEG video files so I just dragged and dropped them onto a dvd with Nero, took like 10 seconds to do and then burnt it.

Put the disc in the dvd player and watched them, was cool! It came up as an ISO Disc, I clicked through the files and played them. Aspect and cropping looked good, sound track was there.

All in all, extremely easy. Didn't build menu's or create dvd video file folders or follow video dvd style format when burning or anything. I am sure there are others like me out there with a few MPEG files that would look great on the big screen of your TV/display.

I would think the Momitsu, the AveLink, and they Skyworth would play these also? plus upcoming models? The 2910 would not even load the dvd though I might be missing something there.

Lets start a list, several existing players play MPEG files but not DIVX, and some play DIVX as well but lets focus on MPEG in this thread.

Bravo D1, D2, D3

I-O DATA AVEL LINKPLAYER2(AVLP2).

Tech RJ1500

Philips DVP642 (goes for like 69$ at BB)

(Plays DVD, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, VCD, SVCD, MPEG-4, DMX and DivX 3.11/4.x/5.x movie formats, CD, MP3-CD, CD-R and CD-RW music formats, and JPEG Picture CDs with music in MP3)

Philips 630

Philips 720SA

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.